Sunday, October 08, 2006

Manta Ray

My favourite restaurant...


And my favourite dinner...

The Mixxxed Black Pot - a black cast iron pot filled to overflowing with mussels, baby squid - tentacles separated from bodies, which are then cut into rings, shrimp and crab. All local, all fresh, roasted in the pot along with corn-on-the-cob, sweet potato, white potato and grilled pepper, with a sauce that has grainy mustard, garlic, wine and parsley.

I will do a longer post about this in the future. My dad lands in about 4 hours and I need to get a little bit of sleep before then. I haven't seen him in 2 years and he hasn't been here in 4, so I had to make sure my apartment was immaculate.

I also need to apologize in advance for any spottiness in my blogging this week - we will be away in Jerusalem for a couple of days and will be wandering around exotic Tel Aviv-Jaffa with dad riding pillion on my scooter

1 comment:

aja said...

It's funny this one - it is slightly different each time - the seafood always adds its own flavours, and the chefs add their own touches, but I have never ever had a bad pot... Only exceptional ones