Thursday, August 31, 2006

Happy BlogDay!

I am a creature of habit. Or, more precisely, to things, people and certain places, I am fiercely loyal. What that means is that once I find something I like, I stick to it. That is, I read the Globe and Mail and Ha'aretz online on Sundays. Of course there are various blogs that are scanned regularly in hopes of finding new posts.
Today being Blog Day 2006 I have been given the opportunity to find new blogs (and therefore new people) to become loyal to. What does that mean? Well, first off it gives me an opportunity to explore more ideas and locales and brainspaces, giving me the opportunity to branch out and further enrich my life.

What five blogs did I choose, well it was a bit of a tough decision, there are so many out there...


The Cooking Adventures of Chef Paz - a neophyte cook learning to do alot more than just boil water, baring her mistakes and her successes to the world. I like the fact that her name (Paz) means peace, which nowadays is a rare thing!


YogurtLand An expatriate Turk living in the USA recreating the taste of home (and bringing it to some of us for the very first time)

Say na Something A young Nepalese woman talking about life in Nepal and other musings.

Sugar Delirium How to try and kick the habit and enjoy yourself (well, most of the time!) at the same time. Well, I can relate to that!

Karakia Coast A farmer/writer living on an island off the coast of New Zealand and writing beautifully about everything from The Who at Leeds to high altitude medicinal plants courtesy of NPR to podcasts on the tractor. How more perfect can you get?


So to my new blog reads, please keep on writing and bringing me new food for thought.

Oh, and thank you!

The links to BlogDay and Technorati BlogDay

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog! I'm excited to know about it now. And I'm honored to be listed among your recommended 5 blogs. Thanks, so much! I look forward to checking out the blogs you've listed.

Best,
Paz

P.S. After reading your "about me" section, I have to say, "what an interesting life you're living!" Awesome!

Anonymous said...

P.S. What does Aja mean?

Paz

aja said...

Hi Paz,
You know the curse "may you live in interesting times"? Well I try not to live by that! I honestly think life should be as fun and varied as you can stand, and I try to live by that.

As to Aja, it is actually the first 2 initials of my names (A.J.) made a bit gentler... It's also the name of a great album by Steely Dan.

Anonymous said...

Aja,

Thank you so much for featuring me for blog day! You have such a beautiful blog, by the way. I'll make sure to stop by often! :)

aja said...

Hey Sugar D
Thank you muchly for the kind words. You are welcome any time. 8^)

aja said...

Hey Paz,
Thank you so much for the encouragement, it really means alot!