Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Monday Surprises

I raced SistR's husband, Rossi, the last mile home on Monday night. His bike is considerably faster than mine and he has more balls than I do when it comes to weaving in and out of traffic, so guess who won?

When I finally got upstairs to the waiting CSA box, he was already cuddled up on the sofa with Jesamine. Mind you, as soon as a built in babysitter was there he was off to do some building work on their patio and I was left to act as a pillow for Jes while she watched old Donald Duck cartoons. But that was ok, because SistR unpacked the box and did the allocations while I looked on.

What did we get this week?

  • Roma tomatoes
  • Yardlong beans
  • Parsley
  • Big fat glossy eggplants
  • Carrots
  • Red okra
  • Sweetcorn
  • Zucchini
  • Cucumbers
  • Red peppers
  • Sweet potatoes
  • New potatoes
  • Green onions
There were only 3 cobs of corn, and last week Jes discovered that in fact, yes, she does like corn when it is crisp and sweet and tender, so the corn stayed with them. So did the okra, because I got it last week. But I got the parsley, so this week I am going to make my version of Nazareth style tabbouleh. Why my version, and what makes it Nazareth style? You'll just have to wait and see...

What other plans do I have up my sleeve? I think a deconstructed vegetarian moussaka, lots of Israeli chopped salads, and a cold sweet potatoe soup for starters.

I apologize for making this a short post, but tonight I had my pottery class and I only just got in.


It is just after 23h00 and I am pooped. I have made an executive decision that the day of the week where I will allow myself to skimp on posting will be pottery nights because I get home late, covered in mud from head to toe and drooping with exhaustion which is made worse knowing that, by the time I actually get into bed, I have to get up in six hours.

All in favour say I...

No comments: