Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Genuine Hit

How many of you have noticed that Mark Bittman wrote another column on The Bread?

Kind of cheating, if you ask me
I think he should have had it as an addendum,
but that is me being persnickety...

Well, it is that time of year again, Jack Frost is nipping at the noses of northern hemispherites, Christmas caroles are filling the airwaves and spontaneous generosity pervades the blogosphere.

Of couse I am talking about the Menu for Hope

Once again Pim of Chez Pim fame will be hosting the Menu for Hope charity raffle. This year's donations will be going to the United Nations World Food Programme. Last year I donated/bid on a couple of prizes, but even though I didn't win anything, I did come away with the feeling that I had made a contribution, even if small, to a worthy cause. This year I will be giving again - and if the prizes are even close to what were up for grabs last year, it will be a tough choice...

If you were thinking of giving a donation this holiday season, this is the way to go, so watch this space for more details...

No comments: