The Menu for Hope III charity raffle is now on.
Check out the following host sites for an amazing list of cool prizes:US West Coast: Sam of Becks and Posh
US East Coast: Adam the Amateur Gourmet
US (the rest): Kalyn of Kalyn's Kitchen
Canada: Jasmine of Cardamom Addict
Europe and UK: David Lebovitz of Davidlebovitz.com
Asia Pacific: Helen of Grab Your Fork
Wine Blogs: Alder Yarrow of Vinography
For those of you who don't know how it works...
Between December 11-22 you can make a donation that will give you a chance to win one of the really great prizes that are up for grabs. For each $10 you donate you get 1 chance to win a prize of your choice.
David Lebovitz is the regional sponsor for Europe - but he has kindly agreed to include me even though Israel is technically not a part of the EU.
Now, lets say you really, really want to win the very amazing prize that I am donating (see below). You donate $1000 and get 100 virtual tickets for the drawing that will be held once the tally's are figured out. Or, lets say you want, but really want, 10 different prizes... You would then donate $100 ten separate times - specifying which prize you want for every donation. Of course, you only need one ticket to win - so a donation of $10 could just get you that lucky ticket...
Don't forget this is a great cause, all profits go to a really worth charity (United Nations World Food Programme) and the prizes are all being donated by bloggers, blog readers and people who want to make a difference.
Now, don't get me wrong, there is no competition for whose prize gets the most donations, but my prize is definitely something to get excited over.
The Jaffa MudPie Prize
(Prize Code EU30)
1 handmade-in-Israel stoneware plate. This 29cm/almost 12 inch diameter plate with sloping sides is decorated with your choice of either a drawing of a tasteful nude or a father holding his daughter (as shown), is completely hand made in Jaffa, Israel using non-toxic underpaints and glazes. This high quality piece is suitable for baking, serving or just for display. Microwave, dishwasher and oven safe (just don't use it on open flames) this would be perfect for a pie or tart. This collectors item of the future shouldn't be missed - think Israeli Clarice Cliffe. (FYI, I sell my work privately and have made numerous pieces on commission).
And not only will you be getting this one of a kind plate, but it will be accompanied by some special spice mixes that are unique to the Middle East area:
- 3 kinds of Hawai'ij - for savoury food, baking, and coffee
- Genuine zata'ar
- Persian dried lemons both black and white
- Dried roses for cooking
- Special halva'ah unique to the area
I will pay for shipping, handling to wherever you are, and duty (up to $50, which I think should look after any outrageous demands by the tax men and women. Please check that there are no restrictions in your country for the import of any of these cooking items.
Now I know you are raring to donate scads of cash and put your tickets towards winning my wonderful prize, but before you do that you should check out the other great prizes available. In each entry you'll find links that you can follow to the individual web sites and blogs to learn more about the prizes from the donors. Should you have any questions, please ask the donor prior to bidding. For more information, visit Chez Pim.
So How Can You Bid?
- Go to the donation page on First Giving.
- Make a donation! Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code (for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 for EU02. (Please use the double-digits, not EU1, but EU01.)
- If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we can claim the corporate match.
- Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared.
- Check back at Chez Pim on January 15 when results are announced.
And just remember, your donation will help us help others, so